J. Levine’s Rescheduled New Year’s Auction Grosses $499,500
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (January 18, 2017) – Jimmy Hendrix’s wah-wah pedal, Frida Kahlo’s self-portrait pastel drawing and an 11.67-carat radiant diamond ring were among nearly 100 rare collectibles that hit the auction block on January 15 at J. Levine Auction & Appraisal, 10345 N. Scottsdale Rd., in Scottsdale, Arizona. The New Year’s auction, which was originally set for January 1 and rescheduled after an early-morning break-in at the auction house, attracted a total of 5,977 registered bidders from 71 countries and grossed a total of $499,500.
“The outpouring of support from the community these past two weeks has been wonderful,” said Josh Levine, J. Levine’s owner and auctioneer. “While the robbery is still under investigation, we were happy that our rescheduled auction received such a great turnout.”
Some of the highlights from the January 15 New Year’s auction included:
* Jimi Hendrix’s wah-wah pedal that sold for $27,500, his amp that sold for $17,000 and fuzz prototype that realized $11,000.
* An 18-karat fine estate 11.67-carat radiant diamond ring that realized $50,000.
* A Frida Kahlo self portrait pastel drawing that realized $13,000.
* A Donald Drumm cast aluminum sculptural screen, circa 1963, that sold for $8,500.
* An Edouard Cortes signed oil painting depicting a Paris scene that realized $10,000.
* A Blaser K-95 Luxus .308 Cal rifle, scope, and case that sold for $4,000.
* A Coco Chanel dollhouse that realized $1,100.
J. Levine’s next live auction at the Scottsdale location is set for Thursday, January 26. The fine estate auction includes several notable pieces of Western fine art, including an original Oscar E. Berninghaus oil painting estimated to be worth between $80,000 and $120,000 and an original Joseph Henry Sharp oil painting estimated to be worth between $100,000 and $150,000. The auction also includes a Manuel Label suit made exclusively for Johnny Cash that is estimated to be worth between $3,000 and $5,000.
The free preview for J. Levine’s January 26 auction is Monday, January 23 to Wednesday, January 25 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Doors open on January 26 at 9 a.m. and the auction begins at 11 a.m. MT.
For more information, visit www.jlevines.com or call (480) 496-2212.